Special Bug Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm Supposed To Feel Good About This?

Just played 300 hands of $10NL 6max and got crushed. I played pretty well, but every time I started getting traction, the cards went south on me. A bunch of times I had to give up with AA, KK, QQ, etc. when the board became highly coordinated and I had multiple opponents. In each case I had dumped a lot of money in preflop and/or on the flop, but then had to abandon ship on later streets when the waters got too rough. I'm supposed to feel good when I run bad yet played well. If I were a robot, this would be easy, but as a member of the human tribe it's just a bit tough to swallow hands like this:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB ($4)
UTG ($8.62)
Button ($4.03)
Hero (SB) ($14.21)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ks, Kc
UTG calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) 3s, 2h, 5c (3 players)
Hero bets $0.90, UTG calls $0.90, Button calls $0.90

Turn: ($4.30) 4h (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.60, Button raises to $2.63 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG calls $2.03

River: ($9.56) 2s (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $9.56 | Rake: $0.63

Results:
Button had 9c, As (straight, five high).
UTG had 6d, Ad (straight, six high).
Outcome: UTG won $8.93

At the end of the hour I was down $7.50 in total. I suppose this isn't too bad when the cards are cold, but still... If just a couple of my big wired pairs had held up I'd be in the black for the night, but such was not the case. I played good poker and (as evidenced above) mostly got off of losing hands. Sigh. I'm supposed to feel good about it. Repeat: I'm supposed to feel good about it!

Sigh.

In other poker news, I had a discussion with Mr. Multi today about auto-rebuying in cash games. MM doesn't think it's a good idea, but I'm not really sure why. The conventional wisdom espoused by the pros is to stay topped up in case you hit a monster and therefore can get paid off for the maximum amount. I've got PT3 configured to show how much I'm up (or down) in each game, so I can keep track of whether I'm just not making headway at one of my tables (I'm 3- and 4-tabling, so it's tough not to rely on PT3 stats). On the other hand, I do have to admit that watching the amount won/lost go up and down at each table makes me focus a little too much on the results. Dunno, but this is something I'm worrying about lately... thanks to Mr.Multi. He needs to explain himself better.

All in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment