Special Bug Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Palmistry 101

Hi, my name is Bug, and I'm a pokerholic...

Just got back from my weekly poker strategy lunch meeting. We had a small group today, which was actually good in the sense that we were able to cover a lot of ground and still spend plenty of time delving into specific questions and issues that individuals had. The main topic covered was hand reading basics, shown in the slides, below.

[Edit: Just finished a mad session of $5NL and discovered something new: FullTilt won't let you play on more than 8 tables at once unless you get prior permission from them. Yes, I was massively multi-tabling and had 8 overlapping games going at once. When I tried to open a ninth, I got a warning message from FullTilt that flashed on the screen, saying I needed to contact them for permission to play on more tables than eight. Weird.... Oh, and yes, in case you were wondering, I was able to fairly comfortably play 8 games at once. I had the tables overlapping/cascading, and it worked out pretty well. Only a couple of times did I feel rushed and ended up making a bad play. For example, I shoved on a player with AQ on an A-high board, but if I'd had more time, I probably would have realized he had AK or better, as he was a 7/0 player raising from UTG. I also suffered a couple of tough losses; e.g., second nut flush crushed by the nut flush, etc. All in all, tho, I made about 8 easy bucks for 40 minutes of frenetic play. Talk about an adrenline rush. Wow!]
All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment