Special Bug Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Operation Hindenburg - Update

I'm closing in on 20K hands in Operation Hindenburg, so I figured it was time for a quick update. After my little meltdown last week, it took over 5500 hands of grinding just to get back where I peaked a few weeks ago. It's frustrating, but I'm trying to take it all as a learning experience. Or, as my old pappy used to say, "it builds character, son, it builds character."

The better news is that I'm playing pretty good poker (knock on wood.) I will admit I'm running fairly well, but I think the main key to success was the time-outs I took last week. Just re-focusing and re-evaluating my play had a big effect. I'm also dialing back the number of hands I play at a single sitting, which has helped a lot; I originally said I was going to play 200 hands or so, max, but by the time the the first meltdown occurred, I was getting in 500 or more at a time-- and making lots of small mistakes that added up to a big loss. It's all the little things like this that seem to matter the most. Play only when rested. Limit the number of hands played at a single sitting. Walk away when things don't feel right and/or you're not playing your A-game.... oh, and play Perfect Poker, too. Sigh.

Anyway, not a lot of time to post today, so I'll leave it here. But before I do -- and just to crow a bit -- here's my results from point of the second time-out, until today. Ten big bets per 100 ain't too shabby, even if I do say so myself....
All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment