Special Bug Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Bubble Boys

My son sent me an email from New Zealand, where he is teaching high school math as an intern during the summer. He said that he was invited to play a $10NZ tournament with some kiwi friends this past weekend, but busted out right before the money. He said that when he gets back to the states next month, he wants to learn how to play the game and win.

Woo hoo! This is like music to my ears. The prodigal son ready to learn how to check-raise all-in…

 ….but how to teach him? Independently, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how to teach someone new to the game, but other than a long list of topics, I haven’t been making much progress on my lesson plans (due to an insanely crazy double-job situation at work). That said, I do have a five hour flight ahead of me over the ocean coming up soon, so maybe I’ll spend a little time planning out some lessons instead of watching the dopey inflight movie United is sure to air....

...or I could do real work…. ugh.
---
In other poker news, Day 4 of the WSOP Main Event begins today. It’s amazing to think that the tournament is effectively starting its eighth day  and the remaining players are still not in the money yet. Yikes. What a bummer it would be to end as the bubble boy in that event.

Gotta run...
All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment