Special Bug Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Pod People & Zombies

I've been an on-again/off-again member of DeucesCracked for a few years now. DC, for those of you that don't know, is one of the better online poker video/training sites around (IMHO). I think CardRunners is probably better overall (and has more videos in total), but DC is pretty damn good, plus their vids are all DRM-free, which means that after you download them you can watch them over and over later at your own convenience. CR won't let you do this unless your paid up and connected to the 'net, and for someone like me, who spends waaaaay too much time on airplanes (read: not connected to the internet), I can watch downloaded videos offline to my heart's content.

In any case, I have a bunch of DC's videos that I'm still slowly working my way through, but recently I've (re)discovered their podcasts-- specifically, the excellent hour-long podcasts by Bart Hanson. If you've ever get a chance, I recommend visiting DC's website and trying out some of the free podcasts. Stick 'em on your ipod or smartphone (like I do) and go for a thirty minute walk.  Good exercise and interesting poker talk-- what more could you ask for?
In other poker news, I got spanked pretty good tonight when I tried to play. No, it wasn't bad beats or coolers. Instead, it was just little 'ole me, making stupid mistake after stupid mistake in $25NL 6max. Grrrr. I wasn't playing good poker; instead, I was on some kind of autopilot mode, calling down blindly with TPGK on highly coordinated boards, etc. Almost like I was a poker zombie, unaware of the concept of Reads, Estimates, Decisions, or Implementations. Like I said: grrrrr.

All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment