Special Bug Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wam, bam, thank you, ma'am...

Played in my monthly local tourney tonight... and lasted all of eight hands before busting. Holy crap, that was brutal.

Lost a few chips on the first couple of hands the normal way. Things like over-limping JTo in MP only to face a button raise (from Mr. Multi, of all people) and then had to fold pre. No biggie. A few chips here, a few chips there...

Then I lost about half my stack against a young kid when when I flopped a straight draw, bet it, turned the straight but the board three flushed. Bet it and got called. He either had it or not, so I check-called the river, hoping he'd bluff. Of course he bet, I called, and he turned over the nuts. Grrr.

One stinkin' hand later I busted with a steal attempt gone bad. Open raised the button with A2o, but got slightly more than min-reraised by the SB. I stupidly made the call, knowing damn well he had a pair of some kind or maybe a big ace. Turn was Q-high rainbow rags, which is basically what I was looking for if I missed. So I shoved, trying to move him off the underpair. Guess I gave something off, because he tanked for a bit, but then made the call... and turned over jacks. Board was no help, and I was the first one out the door this evening.

Not great poker. Not a good night. Brutal.

All-in (grumble grumble) for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment