Special Bug Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Olio Cookies


Some miscellaneous jibber jabber today:
----
Bad News: Unavoidable work and family commitments upcoming in June have conspired to essentially kill any hope of me being able to play in WSOP-2014. Dammit!
Good News: I am using semi permanent ink on the calendar to block out time in mid-August to play in the Arizona State Poker Championship.
----
Still no Full Tilt remission payout for this sad little Bug. I called the Garden City payout group yesterday and voiced my displeasure. Ended up talking to a brick wall bureaucrat named Carline who was 99.99% useless. The only thing I was able to pry out of her red-tape addled brain was my application is still working its way through the system and to continue waiting.
----
Sheldon "I-Hate-America" Adelson continues to dump huge buckets of money into GOP coffers. Latest to grovel at the feet of meet with the little big man over the past few weeks includes Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, and John Kasich. Sellouts all.
----
Poker is Golf. Well, they are pretty darn similar. Both are skill games (no, golf is not a sport, folks). Both require lots of off green preparation, strong technical skills, and sound emotional control. They're also both subject to the vagaries of chance in the short term (e.g., poker: cards dealt. golf: condition of greens, wind, etc.). Oh, and both are incredibly aggravating and addictive at the same time. It's no real surprise that many of the best poker players like to drive and putt in their off-time. I don't know why I thought of this connection, but some neurons fired the other day and I realized I used to suffer really like playing golf, too. Thinking about dusting off the irons to go ruin a good walk one of these days.
----
Ed Miller's poker books rocks.
----
Suffered a big roller coaster of variance this past week, most self-imposed. Been experimenting a lot with weird hand reading ideas, which didn't work out as well as I had planned. Also donked off lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of buy-ins at PLO as I continue to suffer the vagaries and variance of learning that particular little nasty fun pill. But I'm back and stronger than before.... .... well, after a lot of low-stakes cash grinding I had to do to rebuild the 'roll, that is.
----
Picked up an old Lou Krieger book on limit poker at the used bookstore the other day. Oldie but still goodie stuff. Like Ed Miller, Krieger was someone who could take difficult concepts and reduce them to simple layman words that the likes of simpletons simpletons like me could understand. RIP, Lou.
----
I hate, hate, hate the director of our sister center here at work after he unilaterally imposed his own puritanical views on what we can and can't web surf during lunch hours on our personal time. Of course included in his close-minded world view is that poker is evil and should not be seen by the eyes of fallible folks such as moi. Asshole.
----
All-in for now...
-Bug

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you won't make it to the WSOP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means it's all up to you to win the Seniors event this year, Memphis. :D

    ReplyDelete