Special Bug Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rough Patches


Got a slew of biz trips coming up, including a week-long nasty one starting this afternoon. Blog posts are going to be a little spare... or not. As usual, the cadence of said post are strongly a function of jet lag. Have I mentioned I currently hate my job?

---

The Bankroll Builder exercise has hit a bit of a rough patch. Yes, we've been running bad, but the truth also is that we're simply pushing too hard. I stated in the last update that we planned to start ramping up things once we hit the $200 mark, but this has just resulted in us starting to rollercoaster up and down from $200 to $240 and back. Time to tighten things back up.

---

One of the annual traditions at my house for the past few years is taping the Kentucky Derby during the afternoon, and then watching the whole thing late that same night. Now, I'm not a horse guy, and my wife really doesn't like any kind of televised sports (save for the Olympics, that is), but for some reason we now make it a point of watching this crazy spectacle-- all 3.5 hours of it. Last night was no exception. Takeout Chinese Food (at my house) + Crazy Hats (on TV) + Exciting Race = Fun Evening. Heck, I even picked two of the top three finishers. Now if I had only visited an OTB establishment ahead of the race...

---

Still no Full Tilt Remission. Grrrrrr....

---

Even though I 'm not personally playing in it this year, I'm nonetheless starting to get excited for the WSOP to kick off. Ya just gotta love the drama and intrigue that is Vegas in early summer every year.

---

Is there anything more annoying than music and/or other sound effects that auto-play on blogs and websites when you visit them? There are a couple of blogs I read regularly that do just this, and there is no apparent way of turning off what I consider to be a) obnoxious music; and b) stupid sound effects, respectively on the two sites. Tip to blog owners: you may think that gangsta rap is cool, but taste is subjective, and probably more people dislike the tune you love than like it. Hell, I've actually stopped visiting one site in the past due to the loud and overpowering sound of random fireworks exploding that can't be stopped on this otherwise good blogger's site.

---

And speaking of music, an acquaintance of mine defines rap as Retards Attempting Poetry, which is sophomoric, but still makes me giggle every time I hear it.

---

Full disclosure: I actually own a couple of Eminem songs. Seriously. Perfect workout music, even if it is (c)rap.

---

Have I mentioned that I hate my job?

---

All-in for now...
-Bug


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Memphis. Currently stuck at LAX waiting for a plane. Oh, the joys of modern business travel.

      Delete