Special Bug Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Close, but no cigar...

Got a wild hair yesterday and jumped into a large field pot limit Omaha tournament. Good patient play on my part, little bluffing except at the money bubble, careful picking of spots, selective aggression, etc... All-in-all, it took about six hours to make the final table...

...and then the wheels came off.

The good news is I was the chip leader by a factor of two over the next largest stack going into the final nine. The bad news is my internet connection decided that was the perfect time to crap out on me. I was dead in the water for about thirty minutes in total. My wife asked me later where I learned all those four letter words...

... Long painful story writ short: I reconnected in time to see myself blind out in fourth place. Talk about frustrating!  ARHGHGHGHGHG!


Very, very frustrating to come that close to what would have been my biggest online tournament win ever. Fourth place money wasn't bad, but first.... sigh.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda....

All-in for now...
-Bug

1 comment:

  1. Glad you hear you did well, but hate it that the Internet flake-out happened.

    ReplyDelete