Special Bug Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Another Close-But-No-Cigar Tournament...


...four hours of nearly perfect poker, followed by...

...one boneheaded call on the final table bubble (I open raised on button with AJo to 3x with 25 big blinds. Got re-shoved on by so-so player in SB who had about 15 bigs. I snap called without thinking. Arghg. He turned over KQs and flopped the nut straight)...

...followed immediately by me shoving my remaining 10 bigs with AKs. Got snap called by same player holding 44. I don't improve....

...and bubble the final table of yet another tourney....

...sigh....

All-in for now...
-Bug

4 comments:

  1. shoving my remaining 10 bigs with AKs

    Standard stuff with 10 bigs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlucky, both fine plays. You were ahead with AJ too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memphis: Agree with shoving the AKs with 10 bigs as standard.

    Rosh: not so sure I should have snap called the re-ship. I just ran some stove cases, and while I'm ahead of his range, it's not by a huge margin (roughly 55:45 against most scenarios I ran). There's a pretty significant pay jump between 10th (where I went out) and 9th. Then it ramps up pretty steeply after that. I think in a cash game I'm making this play all day long, but I'm not so sure about a tournament with non-linear payout structures. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete

  4. This Is Really Useful And Nices Information. ราคาบอลวันนี้
    This are such great articles. ราคาบอลวันนี้ This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    https://soccersurfer98.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/09/02/132139?_ga=2.193217001.552343305.1598844608-1286484823.1596077192 I appreciate for reading my blogs.

    ReplyDelete