Special Bug Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Talk, Talk, Talking on TAg, TAg, TAgging

Trying something a little different for today's post, which is a six-minute audio file on playing a tight, selective preflop strategy:


 
I welcome any constructive criticism on content and delivery. I know the quality isn't great (I'm still figuring out Audacity's recording software) and I need to practice my on-air speaking voice a bit-- but other than that, I would love to hear back from you folks on: a) what I can do to make this better/more useful; and b) would you want to hear more of these in the future, or is this just a distraction and/or contrivance.

Feedback is welcome...

All-in for now...
-Bug

5 comments:

  1. A few thoughts on this. Overall, not a bad presentation - the structure was good, and the content was well focused.

    Is this useful? Not to everyone. Some people learn better from reading, some from watching, and some from hearing - but for those who learn best from hearing, this will be very useful.

    If you generate these in parallel with your articles - and I know the effort involved isn't (and won't be trivial) - it will allow people to access at least two learning modes. So, a win.

    Lastly, such podcasts can be accumulated and then played on long drives - a very useful way to re-inforce learning :)

    I've been a long-time lurker here, and quite a fan of your perspectives on poker play. I'd like to say, for all of us who read your postings, that we are very appreciative of the time you take on this effort.

    Jay Bookbinder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay,
      Funny you should mention doing both written and audio; I've been thinking hard about doing exactly that. I'm a lurker on a non-poker blog where the author does something similar: he posts audio, but then accompanies it with a bulletized list of the talking points that he evidently uses as the script when making the audio. I'm thinking something kind of like this, but perhaps a little more polished.

      I'm also toying with the idea of putting these audios on iTunes (eventually) when I get enough of them accumulated. A person could then go to that one central place to download as many as they want for a long drive or commute.

      In any case, thanks for the feedback. Also, thanks for the kind words on the blog. I really appreciate it. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Worked for me. I thought it was the perfect length for a pearl of poker wisdom.

    You have at least 46 podcast topics ready to go - one for each tip.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Rob. Good idea on using Bug Tips for these, too. I hadn't thought about going back and using those, but it might be useful to do so. Cheers!

      Delete