Special Bug Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bump Stops

Well, a few days ago I thought that by now I'd easily be past the $200 mark and would have moved on up to the $10NL games. Ha! It seems I've hit some kind of glass ceiling in the Hindenburg experiment. For the past 2500 hands or so, I've gotten really close to the magic $200 bankroll number on a number of occasions, but for some bizarre reason I can't seem to break through. Up, down, up, down, up, down.... arghghg. Some of it is beats, but a lot of it is simply me grinding my way up to $195 or so, and then getting my money in with what I think is the best hand, only to discover I'm either dominated or in a coin flip situation. Unfortunately, I seem incapable of a) putting beats on other players; and b) winning coin flips. Ergo, down I go again. Then up. Then down. Then all around. See my thumb....

I have to admit, this is all getting a bit frustrating, especially given that the end of the month is nearly upon us. I really wanted to start playing at the next level ($10NL) when January rolls around, but at this point I'm not sure if I will or not. We'll see what the poker gods have in store for these last few days of 2009.

All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment