Special Bug Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dead, Dead, Dead, Dead, Dead.... Alive!

Played a weird session tonight. I had six tables of $25NL 6-max going at once. On the fifth or sixth hand of the night, I picked up aces that got paid off against the opp's Queens. He had me covered $30 to my $25 at the start of the hand, so he was left with $5 after the money was shipped my way. On the same table on the very next hand I picked up Aces again, and this guy opened shoved on me. I snapped called and got his last $5. Not a bad start to the night....

....But not so fast. On the other tables, I could not pick up a hand to save my life. I also couldn't steal anything, or get anyone to fold when I (continually) missed flops. Very discouraging to say the least. I wasn't losing a lot of money, but was just losing small, steady amounts, hand after hand....

...But back on the AA table, I doubled up again a dozen or so hands later when the same villain from before gave me a big blind special look at the flop with my A2o when he limped from MP. Flop came A5A. I checked, he fired and I called. Turn was a 4. Check/Bet/Call again. River was a 5. I tiny bet into him, sensing he was on tilt. He jammed all-in a massive over 3bet. I was only afraid of quad fives, so I snap called him again. He turned over K5 and I scooped another monster pot from this guy....

....But meanwhile, back on the other tables, I continued to barely break even. Nothing was working, but at least I wasn't getting bad beaten or coolered. I steal some blinds, and then get my stolen back, over and over....

...And then the very same knucklehead decides to cold call OOP PF when I raise from LP holding KTs. Flop comes out QJ5 rainbow. He leads small, so I call. Turn is an Ace, giving me the nuts. He of course jams and I snap call again. He's short this time, so I only stack him for $12 bucks when he tables two pair.

Here's the plot from the session. It ain't pretty, but I ain't complaining, either:


Sometimes it's profitable to be card dead on most of your tables....
All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment