Special Bug Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

WSOP-2013: Week #17

It’s Sunday (actually Saturday today, as I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for a last-minute one-day trip I have to attend to), so time for a recap of this past week's prep/progress toward WSOP-2013:
  • Preparation:
    • Pregame. Didn't make any additions to my preflight checklists, but I have started using them fairly regularly, both for tourneys and cash. 
    • Postgame. Reviewed a handful of tourney hands I played that I wasn't thrilled with. In both I slipped into calling station/sheriff mode, and in both I lost a lot of chips. Raise or fold, raise or fold....
    • Off-Table.
      • Hand-of-the-Day. As is usual for me these days, I read and voted in every HotD this week. A couple of times I took exception to the horde, but in all cases I was pretty satisfied with my answers.
      • Blog Entries. Posted a couple of hand analyses, plus a little piece on playing at the proper stakes..
      • Books. I've been all over the map this week, jumping between different books and not really focusing well.
      • Videos. None watched.
      • Podcasts. Listened to only one Thinking Poker 'cast this week.
      • Health. This so-called vacation is killing me, calorie by calorie, cookie by cookie. I am, however, getting plenty of exercise working around the house on various project.
      • Other. Played a bunch of DD Poker sims in prep for next week's live MTT I'm planning on attending in a nearby town.
  • Technique:
    • Preflop. Zip.
    • REDi. Actually spent a few hours working on E-is-for-Estimating concepts, with a big focus on what it actually means to play +EV. This might find it's way into a 2 or 3 part blog entry in the near future.
  • Emotional Control:
    • Tilt Control. I played all over the map this week, some days rock solid, others tilting in a "dribble it away" mode. The results are good, but I'm not super pleased with how I actually played.
    • BRM. No issues to speak of; added a nice chunk to the overall bankroll this week playing cash games. May need to cash out some bucks again at the end of next week to keep the overall online 'roll reasonably small.
    • Discipline. Meh. When I played well, I crushed. But when I didn't... meh. 
$ Results:
  • Tournaments (Online). Played one $11 STSnG, which I won for $45 gross. Gave it all back, however, in two MTTs, one of which had rebuys (I rebought once) and one add-on (which I also partook of). Net loss in this area was -$10.
  • Tournaments (Live). None played.
  • Cash Games. Despite inconsistent play, I had a pretty good week in the cash games; having quad Aces when two villains wouldn't go away certainly helped. Net gain was over $260 in 1300 hands. Here's the graph:

Summary: In general was a meh week. Vacation is pretty tough heath-wise, but I'm finding time to play pretty much every day for an hour or so, including a couple of MTTs. Just need to focus a little better, and minimize the mini-dribble-tilt thing.


All-in for now...
-Bug

1 comment:

  1. Haha, secret to coming off tilt - get paid off on quad aces

    ReplyDelete