Special Bug Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

WSOP-2013: Week #19

It’s Sunday, so time for a recap of this week's prep/progress toward WSOP-2013:
  • Preparation:
    • Pregame. Haven't done anything really to improve in this area, but I am using my preflight checklists at least 50% of the time. Certainly could do better than that, but it's not too bad.
    • Postgame. I only did one post-mortem this week.
    • Off-Table.
      • Hand-of-the-Day. I was 6 out of 7 for the week on HotD.
      • Blog Entries. Wrote 3 posts, only one of which had any real meat to it.
      • Books. I'm working my way through the excellent Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em book by Miller, et al. Really a solid, useful book.
      • Videos.
        • Watched Splitsuit's latest free video, When 3bets Go Bad. As usual, it was good stuff.
        • Signed up for a paid month of videos at Tournament Poker Edge. The two key reasons to do this were: a) Andrew Brokos, a prolific blogger that I follow, is instructing there; and b) the vids on this site are focused completely on MTT play, which is what I need to work on now.
      • Podcasts. Listened to a couple Seat Open podcasts by Bart Hanson. Really good stuff as usual.
      • Health. Ugh. Coming off of two weeks of slothful vacation and pig-like gluttony is tough. Really tough. I was pretty good all week, but then broke down a bit Friday night with pizza, which led to a slothful and pig-like Saturday. Sigh.
  • Technique:
    • Preflop. Nothing significant to speak of here, other than to say I've been working a lot on isolating fishier players in some of the $100 and $200NL cash games I've been playing. There's not a lot of them at those stakes, but when found, you can make a fair bit off them.
    • REDi. Zzzzip.
  • Emotional Control:
    • Tilt Control. Nothing significant to report here; I've been pretty much tilt-free for the past week.
    • BRM. Playing a little too high (even for me) for my current online bankroll in cash, including some $400NL cash games, but otherwise I'm doing fine.
    • Discipline. Focus is such a huge factor to success, and playing at $400NL will definitely get me focused in a hurry. Yikes!
$ Results:
  • Tournaments (Online). Busted early in a $22 MTT due to a cooler; Won a $22 6Max SnG for $84; Busted in a $16.50 100-man MTT in about 45th place; Final Tabled a $20 100-man event, busting in 9th on a seriously stupid 4bet reshove with JJ on a KK3 board against an ABC player. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Net for the week was a meager $55.
  • Tournaments (Live). None played.
  • Cash Games. Choppy results, but still a reasonable trend line and good bb/100 average. Some of the bigger downswings were a result of me dabbling with pot limit Omaha at stakes higher than my abilities and bankroll. :-p  Total earned this week was a hair under $290. Here's the graph:

Summary: Overall, a decent week results-wise, but only "meh" on the MTT-learning front. I'm feeling motivated lately, however, to try to elevate my MTT game. Some week-long biz trips coming up, however-however, which threaten progress as usual. Sigh.


All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment