Special Bug Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sick Play


Note to self: don't play when not 100% healthy.

I've been fighting a nasty chest cold for the past few days. Sniffing, sneezing, coughing, hacking, can't sleep... I look and feel like one of those "before" persons in a cold medicine commercial. Must have picked it up on the plane ride back late last week, and I can't seem to shake it...

...so I've been staying home from work, which is a super rare occurrence for me. Last time I called in sick was over three years ago. I simply don't get sick like this very often, but when I do.. hoo, boy, it can be bad.

The only good news is I'm getting tons of paperwork done here at home, free from the day-to-day distractions of the office. The bad news is I'm going a little stir crazy in the evenings...

...which brings me to the purpose of this post. I logged in last night and played a little $100NLHE and some $25PLO. The idea was to distract myself from the misery I'm feeling. I only got in about an hour's worth of play in each venue, and I *only* lost about a buy-in in each, but this morning when I reviewed my hands in HM2 I was more than a little shocked at how poorly I played. The damages were miraculously low, considering. Loose-passive play, chasing draws, playing sheriff, etcetera. My numbers were crap, and I don't think I made one decent read or lay down at all. Ugh.

None of this is surprising. I'm getting less than 5 hours of sleep a night, and those five hours are restless and non-continuous. A person's brain simply isn't at 100% given this little sleep, and this bug is no exception.

So.... note to self: don't play when not 100% healthy and rested.

All-in for now...
-Bug


No comments:

Post a Comment