Special Bug Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

WSOP-2013: Week #23


It's Sunday, so time for a (quick) recap of this past week's progress for the 2013 WSOP:
  • Strategy Books Read:
    • The Poker Tournament Formula 2. Didn't get as far as I would have liked reading this on the airplanes this week, but I did make a decent dent in the book. Reading this has been a real eye-opener for me, especially on the ideas of chip utility and the whole small-ball vs. long-ball approaches to deep stacked MTTs. 
    • The Signal and the Noise: I picked up this mostly non-poker book a few months ago, but hadn't gotten around to reading it. Finally upon a recommendation by Mr. Multi, I read the poker chapter. Good stuff, but not really applicable to my MTT training. Still, I'd recommend reading this chapter if you get a chance, as it talks a lot about the difference between skill and luck in poker play.
  • Videos Watched:
    • Watched four separate MTT hand history videos that I downloaded from the Tournament Poker Edge web site. Really good, informative stuff, but I have to admit I'm getting a little confused when I watch a video that tells me to play really tight, survival-mode poker in the early stages of a deep-stacked MTT, but then Snyder in his Formula 2 book advocates a loose, accumulate chips approach.
  • Fitness:
    • Diet: Did mostly OK this week, despite being on a biz trip. Lost a couple of pounds overall.
    • Exercise: Meh. Travel really kills this part of my health and fitness effort. I walked only one afternoon, plus did a handful of floor exercises. Otherwise: I slack, therefore I fatten.
  • Tournament/SnG Results:
    • Online: None played due to busy work week.
    • Live: None played.
  • Other: Played a little DD Poker sims on the airplane, but otherwise this was a work, work, and more work workweek.

All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment