Special Bug Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

WSOP-2013: Week #26


It's Sunday, so time for a recap of this past week's progress for the 2013 WSOP:
  • Strategy Books Read:
    • Read a half dozen hands from WPT V1. The big lesson (which is the same from last week) is that, next to position, opp stack sizes are perhaps the most important thing to keep track of in an MTT.
    • Read 4-5 hands from Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book. It's kind of a facile read, but there are also some actual nuggets of pretty good information to be found in the book.
  • Videos Watched:
    • I watched 5 videos from Tournament Poker Edge this week., including some 3bet theory, blind-vs-blind how-to's, another Andrew Brokos awful/great video (on extracting value), and a couple of hand history replays.
  • Fitness:
    • Diet: Business trips (two of them). Need I say more?
    • Exercise: Actually did OK on this front, forcing myself to walk from the hotel to/from the office each day on one of my trips, which meant I got in 12 miles. Also did some body- and free-weight exercises.
  • Tournament/SnG Results:
    • Online: Played one deep stack, high-PF online big MTT event online-- and final tabled it after a five hour battle! Got unlucky on the end when my JJ was beaten by A9o, but what are you going to do? I ended up busting in seventh place in a field that started with over 200 very good runners. Tough fight, but by focusing on stack sizes, position, and being cautious, I was able to make a lot of good plays and lay-downs... and therefore go very deep.
    • Live: None played.
  • Other: Blogged a little, played some DD poker (I've modeled a couple of WSOP 2013 events based on their actual listed structures), and worked a little on my MTT check-list.
Summary: This week is going to be just as tough as last week, as I'm away from home yet again. Sigh. At least I'm getting some video watching time on all the airplanes. Sigh again.


All-in for now...
-Bug

2 comments:

  1. Hey PokerBug long time reader, finally figured out how to comment on this thing! Anyway I wish you the best of luck on your WSOP journey and would like to thank you for all the sound advice I've picked up from your blog. Also I wanted to ask if you at least got paid for your efforts for placing in 7th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, and you're more than welcome for any help this blog may have provided.

    Yep, I made a nice bankroll score for seventh place. Not as nice as first would have been, obviously, but I'm definitely not complaining.

    ReplyDelete