Special Bug Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

WSOP-2013: Week #30

It's Sunday, so time for a recap of this past week's progress for the 2013 WSOP:

Executive Summary: Not much going on the WSOP prep front these days. Dunno, but a kind of poker malaise has hit me lately. Well, let me rephrase that: I'm a little bored playing much poker these days, but I am still enjoying reading/studying it. Weird. This is very much the opposite of what usually takes place with me; i.e., I usually play more than I study, but lately it's the opposite.
  • Strategy Books Read: Actually read a book by Daniel Negreanu that wasn't horrible. Most of the previous stuff I've read by him isn't the most well-organized or solid advice written, but this book (Hold'em Wisdom For All Players) isn't half bad. Granted, it's a simple little "advice" book, and not very meaty, but there were a few nuggets of information I found thought-provoking. Also, I'm reading James McManus' history of poker tome Cowboys Full just for fun. It's a big, dense read, but fascinating nonetheless. First intro chapter is on poker and presidents. Amazing how many US POTUSs have played the game for profit and/or relaxation and/or networking. This includes the present office holder. Obama in fact is said to be a very solid player, employing a fairly TAggish game and usually leaving a winner to the game.
  • Videos Watched: None watched.
  • Fitness:
    • Diet: Horrible week on the diet front, eating all kinds of things I shouldn't have.
    • Exercise: Did OK on this front. Walking, bodyweight exercises, stretching, etc..
  • Tournament/SnG Results:
    • Online: None played.
    • Live: None played

All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment