Special Bug Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Yes, I'm Still Alive...


...Barely. Had a pretty rough past couple of weeks on the travel and health front. Spent a cold/rainy week in Spain, and then went from there directly to Hawaii for another cold and windy week of fun at altitude on the mountain. Somewhere along the way I picked up a bad chest cold, got a sunburn, stopped sleeping, started getting some migraines... yada yada. I'm getting too old for this crap, but the reality of my job is it's going to continue for the next 3-4 years like this. Worst part is a) the overnight flights; and b) the screwed up diet and exercise routines that come with biz travel. After all these years of travel, I still haven't managed to find a way to not come back home feeling crummy.

Quack quack quack.

On the good news front, I did make significant progress (due to sleepless airplane seat time) to get better organized on the ABC Poker Training front. It might sound to an outsider like I'm over-thinking the layout and organization side of things when it comes to the training material I'm putting together, but the truth is I am a person that needs structure for this type of thing. I've written a number of non-fiction books in the past, and I've learned that spending time up front with outlines and structure is a key to success. As Abraham Lincoln reportedly said, "If I had an hour to cut down a tree, I'd spend 45 minutes sharpening my ax."

The direction I've decided on with this ABC project is the writing of an actual (e)book. The focus/theme for the tome is the process to take an absolute beginner, step-by-step, up the learning ladder, progressing from Level-0 poker (i.e., How do you play this silly game?), through Level-1 (What are my cards and how do I play them in a vacuum?), Level-2 (What cards do my opponents have and how do I use that information to maximize EV?), and Level-3 (What cards do they think I have, and how do I use that against them?). I even have what I consider pretty helpful material on so-called Level-4 and above poker that could move someone into the professional player arena. Seriously.

If/when I get the book done, the next step would be (I think) to produce a series of coaching videos on each chapter of the book.  All of this would end up on a website, eventually.

And that's the current plan. But it's on a small temporary hold whilst I go cough a lung out and try to recover. Quack quack hack hack quack...

All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment