Special Bug Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

WSOP-2013: Week #7

It’s Sunday, so time for a recap of this week's prep/progress toward WSOP-2013:
  • Preparation:
    • Pregame. Played a total of just three super turbos this week, with zero pre-game prep. 
    • Postgame.The only post-game review I did was after my live event on Wednesday this week, where I wrote down my impressions of what I did right and wrong. 
    • Off-Table.
      • Forums/Hand-of-the-Day. Skimmed a few forums a couple of times, plus I read every hand of the day, but I didn't contribute anything to either of these.
      • Books.Still reading Snyder's second book, which I'm really enjoying. The current chapter is on chip utility in slow-structure MTTs. The other book I try to touch every day for a few minutes is Winning Poker Tournaments, One Hand at a Time, volume 1. I highly recommend this series of books, too, as it really reinforces some key principles of decisions and estimations.
      • Videos.None watched.
      • Podcasts.Litstened to both Hanson's and Thinking Poker weekly podcasts.
      • Health.Lost about half a pound this week, all due to diet, as I basically did no real exercise (except for a few lunch-time walks).
      • Other. Nothing significant to report.
  • Technique:
    • Preflop.Nada.
    • REDi. Nada
  • Emotional Control:
    • Tilt Control.Nothing to report
    • BRM.No problems on this front to report.
    • Discipline.In a sense, I've done pretty well on this front, as I've had the discipline *not* to play poker after some really long, tiring days at work.
$ Results:
  • Tournaments (Online). Three super turbos played, moneyed in only one of them.
  • Tournaments (Live). Played one live $35 MTT. Busted in about tenth place out of 30 entrants.
  • Cash Games. None played.

Summary: My day job is basically consuming my life, and this coming week could be worse, with a huge review at work we've been prepping for occurring Tuesday-Thursday. I've worked 7 days a week for the past two weeks getting ready for this beast. The good news is that it this review prep madness ends this week. The bad news is I'm off on another week-long biz trip just a few days after the review. Little time for poker, little time for study, little time for anything but work, work, work.


All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment