Special Bug Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

WSOP-2013: Week #18

It’s Sunday, so time for a recap of this week's prep/progress toward WSOP-2013:
  • Preparation:
    • Pregame. Did a decent job of reviewing my preflight checklist prior to playing each day this week. It makes a difference.
    • Postgame. Didn't really do any serious post-mortems, but I did review my final few hands of the one online MTT I played in; i.e., I spent a lot of time after the game wondering if I could have done anything differently to move from second place finish up to first. Answer: no, not really.
    • Off-Table.
      • Hand-of-the-Day. Voted in every HotD and agreed 100% with the majority voters.
      • Blog Entries. Blogged a fair bit this week, as I was off work and had some free time.
      • Books. Am continuing jumping around from book to book, not really focusing on one in particular, but hitting lots of different ones as the mood strikes. One of these is Small Stakes No Limit Hold'em by Miller, Mehta, and Flynn; I'm really enjoying this one. I'm also finding Your Worst Poker Enemy by Schoonmaker to be a fun read.
      • Videos. Zip watched, though I did download the latest Splitsuit video from the Poker Bank.
      • Podcasts. Listened to a couple of podcasts on my drive to Scottsdale yesterday for an out of town MTT.
      • Health. Yikes. Stood on the scales this morning. It's been a bad couple of weeks...
      • Other. Zip.
  • Technique:
    • Preflop. Nothing significant to report here; I'm playing a pretty good preflop game.
    • REDi. Same story here; no significant leaks postflop to report. I didn't really actively work ont his area, either.
  • Emotional Control:
    • Tilt Control. Got a little tilty at my one live MTT due to a late start, but otherwise was fine.
    • BRM. No issues to report.
    • Discipline. Played quite solidly and with good focus.
$ Results:
  • Tournaments (Online). Played one $22 online MTT and took second place for $240.
  • Tournaments (Live). Played one $160 live MTT and busted well before the bubble.
  • Cash Games. Another solid week, with exactly $100 added to the 'roll. About half of this came from PLO, which I'm dabbling more and more with these days, an which I'm finding pretty soft. Anyway, here's the entire month graph for December (total cash winnings: $500); hopefully I'll repeat this trend in January:

Summary: In general a pretty good week. I played a live event, and even though I busted out, it was good to get my hands on real cards for the first time in weeks. Also am quite pleased with the one online MTT I played. And my cash game has never been more solid.


All-in for now...
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment